Iris recognition is an automated method of biometric identification that uses mathematical pattern-recognition techniques on video images of one or both of the irises of an individual’s eyes. IRIS recognition is widely used for identity verification or identification for high security projects all across the world.
Until now IRIS recognition was used in conjunction with computer or any high end embedded system. As mobile technology is used almost by everyone and there is continuous requirement of security on mobile phones, Mantra have identified that IRIS recognition can be used effectively with mobile phones and tablets.
MobiIRIS is India’s first mobile IRIS module for mobile users. MobiIRIS is used with Mantra worldclass mobile enabled IRIS recognition SDK to equip any mobile phone / tablet with IRIS recognition technology.
MobilIRIS module can be integrated with any mobile platform with android operating system. This comes with 5 critical components (Sensor, Extractor, LEDIlluminator, Lens & Image Acquisition Display & ControlSW), which will be approved by UIDAI/STQC.
- MobiIRIS gives recognition of IRIS within 1 sec. It is faster than unlocking phone by pattern or passkey.
ii. User friendly
- MobiIRIS scan eyes from 15mm-22mm. Long distance gives required flexibility and user need not to adjust according to camera.
- MobiIRIS is far more secured then traditional fingerprint, pattern, key or Password.
iv. Fastest Integration
- MobiIRIS gives fastest integration as technology is ready with 5 critical components.
- MobiIRIS can successfully capture and Match occluded images, images with pupil dilation, motion blur etc.
- IRIS recognition is hard to spoof as inbuilt spoof detection software will detect spoof in most of the cases.
- Fastest integration with ready to use library and hardware reference design
- Match occluded images, images with pupil dilation, motion blur
- Long Range distance
- Easy to use
- Hard to spoof
|Spatial resolution||60% at LP/mm|
|Pixel Resolution||13 pixels/mm|
|Image Margins||Left & right = 0.7 X iris radius. Top & bottom = 0.3 X iris radius|
|Imaging wavelength||700-900 nm|
|Pixel Depth||8 bits/pixel|
|Output Image||IMAGE_TYPE_CROPPED_AND_MASKED with JPEG2000 compression; complied with the ISO standard for Iris Image Record (IIR)|
|Capture Mode||Auto capture with built-in quality check|
|Capture time||3 sec|
|Capture Distance (in mm)||150-210 mm|
|Safety (optical)||Exempt Group per IEC 63471:2006-07|
|Operational performance||FRR < 1% at FAR of 1 in 1,00,000 with images conforming to IMAGE_TYPE_CROPPED_AND_MASKED of size 3.5KB|
|Occupational health Safety||RoHS|
|Radiated Emission||FCC part 15B/IEC:CISPR 22 CLASS B|
|Capture Method||Dual IRIS|